PSTX - advanced soft start solution
Softstarters are welcome guests in industrial environments where motors are used to keep pumps, compressors, fans, etc. running. Here, they provide a smooth start and stop of the motor so that the connected equipment as well as the piping behind it are not subjected to unnecessary mechanical stress. With the PSTX, ABB offers a complete motor protection system that compensates for irregularities in the load and the grid. This softstarter has several application-specific functions, including torque control and a pump cleaning function. The built-in bypass also saves installation time and avoids unnecessary space usage.
The PSTX series of softstarters combines years of research and product development with extensive knowledge of application-specific requirements. PSTX is the latest innovation in motor control and protection and offers a lot of new functionality for improved availability for every motor start application.
- Improved motor reliability
- More efficient installation
- Higher productivity
- Three-phase controlled
- Rated voltage: 208 - 690 V AC
- Wide range power supply voltage: 100-250 V, 50/60 Hz
- Rated current: 30 - 1250 A (inside delta: 2160 A)
- Sealed circuit board suitable for harsh environments
- Torque control prevents damage due to water hammer of pumps
To find out more about ABB softstarters, take a look at the reference case on the ABB website.